Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just Paint It!

Grey on grey from the gorgeous Bed Of Flowers in Holland
A simple blue chair makes this entry hall.
It's hard to go past white painted furniture on white floors and walls.
Love this modern update on shabby chic at Bed Of Flowers in Holland
Even Ralph Lauren is getting into it....

I have to admit I still feel a twinge of guilt when applying a first coat of paint on a perfectly nice piece of wooden furniture. On my recent travels shooting house stories for the glossies, I saw some particularly good examples which I can't show yet as they have not been published!
In the meantime, here are some favourites from my files.

I am making a long list of pieces I need to do myself, both for home and the beach cottages...
First up, I have to paint some old cane furniture for my verandah and I am wondering if I should paint them all white or add some colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment