Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Decorating - Starts Here!


What is happening here - I'm starting to feel festive already. Maybe its because I'm a mother of an eight year old.

This is a happy snap of the beginnings of my Christmas styling theme. Red, white and grey. The grey is to match my newly restored and re-upholstered armchairs, just back from the upholsterer.
BTW this is one of a pair of old chairs I found at a second hand store. I just loved the shape and have had them for a few years now.

The fabric is a hard-wearing, heavy duty plush that I will admit I picked up at Spotlight for the bargain price of $12 a metre! (See, you don't have to pay $1000 - $1500 for an armchair if you look around.)

The "owl" bunting, made by one of the mothers at my daughter's school, is perfect and not too kitsch.

That huge star is from Ikea and is the best star I've seen out there - it even lights up!
What has inspired your decor for this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment