Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What To Do With The Hall?



The carpenters are working away at my newly transplanted St Michael's Church Hall which is now in my backyard. In case you missed the post on this, we have been looking for years, never thinking we would find, an old timber school or church building we could use as an extension to our farm house. 
Well it happened to come up a few months ago as the school was wanting to demolish it to make way for more play areas. It had to be moved by Christmas but our local demolition man rose to the challenge.
It is a great big space and will house our living, dining and kitchen. I am at the fun planning stage where I'm thinking of how to make such a big space work.
This photo is not unlike what I have in mind - the big stone fireplace at one end, raked ceiling, deep sofas and big armchairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment